Monday, November 2, 2009

The Pictures #1

If there's one thing you need to know about me it's that I love pictures. Give me a picture book and I can't put it down, it's true I'm 22 and you heard me, I can't put it down. At least until I examine every last detail and fully take in every last element and grasp the very essence of the picture before me. I'll even look at it and say, I know how they drew that. Sheesh, look at my title "Finding the Bridge", I'm a picture freak. And I really don't know why I feel the need to explain all of this, I guess it's just kind of who I was made to be. Cause, sigh, I'm just so tired right now and I still can't stop thinking about pictures. Like how my life feels like a race. I'm running a race--and I'm at the part where my breath is getting heavier, my heart is pounding, my feet feel like they're beating the ground like cement, and I can't yet see the finish line. I know it's there, but I don't know how far. And honestly, I feel like it just might take my whole life to get there--pounding, pounding, pounding the pavement--and I probably haven't even felt the worst of it yet. Well, I know this all sounds so very encouraging and you probably have no idea what I'm talking about. I could tell you the exact details of my life and why I feel so much this way right now, but I really don't know if that's necessary. In reality, I'm sure you understand in your own way. But I just feel like I'm still running. Yep, still running. Checkin' my watch...yep still running.


And a new thought just occurred to me. I've been feeling like it's kind of laborious. Should it be? Could this running actually become sort of fun--a source of joy? Yes, I believe, the answer is yes.


And sorry for the abruptness of this post...but I'm going to have to say goodnight and end it here. Or I might go insane trying to figure out what to say or explain myself too much. However, I will eventually finish that thought and you can always post your thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment